Wednesday, June 11, 2014

The Countdown Begins!

So it's been a while since my last post, and my family has been bugging me about one so here it goes.

It's officially 1 month until I board the plane to head to Scotland. Exciting, I know. It really doesn't seem like the trip is so close, but it is. I already have two side excursions, which is exciting. I will be heading to the Highlands the second weekend I am there, of course to see the famous Loch Ness. And also get some breathtaking sights, I'm sure. I read that otters and dolphins can sometimes be spotted in the cliffs of the Highlands, so let's hope for some sightings!

The second trip is an excursion to Ireland, partly for the International Relations class I will be taking. I wanted to try and get to Ireland at some point during my stay, so the fact that this is a requirement of the class made things very easy for me. I will only be staying in Ireland for one night, in Belfast, which is the capital of Northern Ireland. I won't get the chance to make it to Dublin, but perhaps another time. Belfast is one of the locations that the Titanic was docked at, so hopefully I can be touristy for a day and check that out.

All in all, this trip is shaping up to be very exciting. Not that it wasn't going to be exciting to begin with, but actually booking these trips makes everything seem real, and not just some idea or concept in my head. Now all I have to do is patiently wait out the next four weeks and I will be on my way! The next few weeks should be fairly busy anyway, so hopefully they'll go by quickly. I can't wait to blog from Scotland! Especially from some cozy cafe somewhere, sipping delicious tea and eating scones. At least one afternoon will have to be spent that way anyway. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment